The year has just begun, and if you could not think of a new year resolution to make, how about helping yourself by taking some actions towards reducing the amount of unwanted emails you receive?
Here are 5 things you absolutely can start doing today:
1. Do not post your email address anywhere, not even using address munging.
2. Use BugMeNot as a way to bypass compulsory registration on websites
3. Use a disposable email address for website you could not bypass.
4. Teach your friends some manners and ask them to use BCC when sending emails to multiple recipients.
5. Install MailWasher and teach it to automatically filter your emails
Happy (Spam-free) New Year!