1. Go to http://www.google.com/
2. Click on "maps"
3. Click on "get directions"
4. Type "New York" in the first box (the "from" box)
5. Type "London" in the second box (the "to" box)
6. When directions appear, scroll down and see how Google Maps suggests you cross the Atlantic Ocean.
This is a screenshot of an ad for 'Sexy Girls in Kefar Habad' (photos blurred by me), supposedly trying to lure me for some pr0n by an IP-to-city query. Nevermind that I do not live near Kefar Habad, but I doubt there are many sexy girls looking for fun there – as it is an all ultra-Orthodox Jewish village in central Israel.
It is a sad state of affairs, when your Internet Service Provider phone representative wants to know which browser you use and asks you 'Which version of Internet Explorer are you running?'
You probably heard about those stupid people from America Online who published all their recorded search records, including user numbers, so you do not just get the top 10 search terms, you see the whole search progression and discover the people behind the searches.