On my 2001-2002 trip to India, I spent a night in the city of Mysore in the state of Karnataka. In the evening, I dined with fellow travelers at the Parklane Hotel garden restaurant, and was taken aback by the dining instructions quoted on the cover of the menu. Obviously, I just had to borrow a copy – only to return it on my very next trip to India, if and when one should come by. It only took five years to get around scanning and uploading the thing for everyone to benefit.
Full transcription provided for search engine optimization:
á la carte
Drink, Dine, Dwell!BEST FAMILY GARDEN RESTAURANT IN CITY
2720, SRI HARSHA ROAD, MYSORE – 570 001
PHONE: 437370, 434340
FAX: 0091 821 428424
GUESTS ARE ADVISED TO BE WARY OF STRANGERS WHO MIGHT STRIKE UP CONVERSATIONS, AS THEY MAY LEAD TO UNPLEASANT OR RISKY CONSEQUENCES.
1. A gentle reminder that dishes are prepared after receiving the order and normally take twenty to thirty minutes, and for special dishes over fortyfive minutes should be allowed.
2. Dishes are liquors are subject to availability of commodities.
3. We take pride in the quality and quantity of the dishes and drinks served. Please do not bring in food and drinks of any kind for consumption.
4. We reserve the right to alter the rates without prior notice.
5. Sales Tax or any additional Taxes will be charged extra for food and liquors.
6. Sales are strictly on cash basis or with major Credit Cards. Please do not embarrass us by requests for credit.
7. Disposable vomit Bags are available on request in case of need, as a consideration to fellow diners.
8. We do our best to satisfy you. Please do bear with our short comings and inform us of same. "To err is human but to forgive is devine"s.
9. It is not our intention to take advantage of your satisfaction over a "Full tummy" or " fuddle-headedness"! May re quest you to please check your bills and bring any error that might have indvertently occurred to our attention.
10. Type of music played will be the sole choice of the management.
11. No music after 11pm.
12. Any unauthorized alterations in the bills may be brought to the attention of the management.
13. Candle lamps for the table will be provided on request.
14. Last order for both food and drinks should be placed when the bell is rung. Restaurant lights will be switched off half an hour after the bell is rung when the guests are requested to leave the premises.
RIGHTS OF ADMISSION AND VACATION RESERVED.